REMINDER: You must be up to date on your dues in order to use the pool and or clubhouse.
Your Grassland HOA Board of Directors would like to take this opportunity to share our plans for closing the neighborhood pool this summer. Dates and time subject to change at the discretion of the Board. The COVID rules still apply.
Beginning September 4th, morning swim will be open 6:00 - 9:00 am each day, with the exception of TUESDAYS thru Sunday September 13th
Friday, September 4th 4:00 - 10:00 pm
Saturday, September 5th 10:00am - 10:00 pm
Sunday, September 6th 1:00 - 10:00 pm
Monday, September 7th 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
September 8th CLOSED
September 9th 4:00 - 8:00 pm
September 10th 4:00 - 8:00 pm
September 11th 4:00 - 9:00 pm
September 12th 12:00 - 9:00 pm
September 13th 1:00- 8:00 pm
September 14th Closed for season
The pool will be opened at 25% capacity (251 persons) for now and there will also be a few changes (similar to other changes you’ve seen in the community during COVID-19) per the CDC and Texas State Health Department. Luckily, we have a very large pool area and two large pools, so even at our reduced 25% occupancy; we anticipate we will not have a problem with allowing people normal access to the pool and common areas. Ultimately, we have thoroughly researched and considered our options about how to proceed forward this summer with the pool, and have determined that we can safely operate with implemented changes as outlined below. We will continue to increase facility occupancy in lockstep with local, state, and federal guidelines and recommendations. It is very important for the health and well-being of all residents that we abide by these guidelines.
So here’s what you need to know when you come to visit us at the pool this summer:
1. You will notice signage in the pool area regarding symptoms of COVID-19 and personal hygiene. We will have hand sanitizer available for use.
2. You will be asked to do your part to maintain social distancing of 6 feet from anyone who is not in your party.
3. All mass gatherings will be cancelled this summer, including, but not limited to: “Meet the Neighbor” and “Ice Cream” social events. We will also not allow residents to book pool parties until the pool reaches normal operations.
4. We will be allowing guests, but will keep the usual 1:1 (resident to guest) ratio we currently have in place for guest attendance. We will be capping the number of guests per party to no more than 5 people (Remember: we only allow one guest per resident in the pool area.)
5. We will not be offering concessions for the remainder of the summer.
6. We will maintain normal operating days and hours; including morning swim. (Monday, Wednesday-Saturday 10 am to 10 pm; Sunday’s 1:00-10:00 pm. Morning swim: Monday, Wednesday-Friday 6:00 am-7:30 am, Saturday & Sunday 6:00 am-9:00 am. Pool is closed on Tuesdays. )
7. All residents will be required to perform a health and wellness self-screen before entering and be required to attest that everyone in your party is in good health, has no symptoms of COVID-19, and no one has had a known contact with any person who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the previous 14 days.
8. Upon entering the pool area, you will be required to initial that you acknowledge that you are "Entering the Pool at Your Own Risk." The HOA is doing their part to encourage and promote healthy behaviors, but is not liable for the potential spread of any respiratory illness, including but not limited COVID-19. We highly advise anyone who is over 65 years old, immunocompromised, or has a pre-existing health condition, to strongly consider whether visiting the pool is the best choice at this time. Per the CDC: “For most people, the immediate risk of becoming seriously ill from the virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to be low. Older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions may be at higher risk for more serious complications from COVID-19" (CDC, 2020).
9. You may notice our pool attendants, as a precaution, will be performing more cleaning and disinfecting than usual.
10. We will operate at 100 person capacity thru the end of the pool season.
11. We will spread tables and loungers out to promote social distancing. You may move the loungers to be closer to your party, but we ask you please put the loungers back in their designated spots before leaving the pool area.
12. We have a wonderful new pool company that is taking care of maintaining our pools, including the chemicals. There are no needed changes to the pool chemistry in relation to COVID-19. Per the CDC: "There is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, spas, or water play areas. Proper operation and maintenance (including disinfection with chlorine and bromine) of these facilities should inactivate the virus in the water” (CDC, 2020).
13. We ask that all residents review the following documents before visiting us this summer at the pool!
Thank you to all our wonderful residents! And we can't wait to see you at the pool this summer!
Grassland HOA Board of Directors