Wednesday, November 1, 2023
CHANGE OF HOA MANAGEMENT NOTICE
PLEASE READ THIS LETTER COMPLETELY.
ACTION FROM YOU IS REQUIRED.
Dear Grassland Estates Homeowners and Residents,
Recently, the Grassland Estates Board of Directors sent out a letter to introduce our new management software, AppFolio. Additionally, the BOD voted to part ways with our current property management company VCM, Inc. The Board of Directors decided that our community should go back to the previous Self-Management model.
At the direction of the BOD, Evelyn Orellana-Clabaugh, Facility Manager, will now be handling all aspects of the Grassland Estates HOA property. Homeowners will be able to communicate with the Facility Manager by emailing email@example.com,
by calling (432) 699-1604, and even through AppFolio.
This letter is to inform you that this change will be EFFECTIVE
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2023
Please be on the lookout for an activation email invite soon. This letter is also to explain the changes you should expect, as well as the actions you need to take to ensure continued clear communication.
1. If you have not yet done so, please provide us with your current email address and phone number at your earliest convenience. We will send invites to the new portal via email starting on November 1.
2. As of November 1, 2023, all payments will go through our new portal, not VCM. This includes your current dues, reservation fees, and any outstanding balances you may owe from previous months. No late fees will be assessed during the months of November and December to give all residents the opportunity to comfortably make the transition to AppFolio.
3. Balance/Credit. Your previous balance was brought in directly from VCM. This includes credits, late fees, reservation balances, Special Assessment balances, and any other credit or outstanding balance as of October 24, 2023. There are a few payments that have not yet cleared. If you submitted a payment during the month of October and do not see the credit on your account, please give us some time to get that information from VCM.
4. Online payments. The invite link you will receive will walk you through the sign-up process. You will be able to select your preferred payment method: e-Check (direct withdrawal from bank account) or Credit / debit card (Apple Pay or direct).
5. Mailing a payment. Checks can be mailed to 5800 Crowley Blvd. Midland, Texas 79707. Please make checks payable to: “Grassland Estates HOA.” Please write your new AppFolio account number on your check.
6. Dropping off a payment. If you used to drop off your payments, you may have noticed our mailbox is gone. Do not fear! We have ordered a new, more secured mailbox for your convenience, which will be installed as soon as we receive it. In the meantime, you are welcome to drop off checks at the Clubhouse during office hours. Please make checks payable to: “Grassland Estates HOA.” Please write your new AppFolio account number on your check.
7. Office Hours. The Facility Manager’s Office Hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9 am to 1 pm and from 2 pm to 6 pm. The first Saturday of every month, office hours are 12 pm to 2 pm.
8. Website. Our website will once again be active. We have ensured more interactive and informative content. Homeowners will be able to access their AppFolio account from the website with their login. Our website address is grasslandestatesmidland.com
We will make every effort to ensure that the transition from VCM to a property manager is as easy and trouble-free for you as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact our office at (432) 699-1604 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board of Directors
Grassland Estates HOA